Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Surgery is March 21st

Just got the phone call today from the plastic surgeon's office. The plastic surgeon and the breast cancer surgeon and the operating room are only all available at one time: March 21st at 7am.

Coordinating the three is quite a challenge for the offices I guess. The operating room needs to be available for four hours for this surgery.  Hope

The date was "the end of April" and then it was "April 18", and then it was "April 7th or 9th" and now March 21st!  If they call again I will scream! It keeps getting closer and closer!

March 21st is the day my husband plans to leave for South Dakota. He's taking our 8 year old and the two of them plan to have a fun road-trip for a week. Gracie is really really excited for her Daddy-Only vacation!  Now they won't be able to go. I feel badly for ruining her vacation that she is super excited about. She will be crushed when she finds out.

Keith's spring break starts that weekend. He is off for a full week, which is why he was going to South Dakota that week. Instead he will take care of me and the kids on his spring break. Might be the best way to time this surgery I guess, as if we had any say in the timing.

But March 21st will be the day that my husband drives me to the hospital  instead of driving our daughter off for a fun road trip.  Surgery is scheduled for 7am, so I'm sure I will be told to check in a couple of hours before that time.  Pre-op appointments start tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I will be coming out, just let me know what day you need me. Still trying to figure out if I'm driving or flying, that depends on weather and air fare. I will need a letter from your surgeon stating why I'm needed for work. I can take up to 10 work days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there to do something, but its just too soon for Gma. Can't get stuff lined out soon enough. I'll have to come later, sorry. Pat will be better help right now anyway. I'm only good for dishwashing, vacuuming, clothes washing, that sort of thing. I can empty garbage with the best of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are heading toward healing Mary....good job! Jackie

    ReplyDelete