Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pre-Surgery To-Do List

Prepare my perch.  I need to get the grabber that we bought at the tool store and have it handy. I won't be able to reach things, like itches on my toes and stuff like that.  Need to have books, water, meds, phone and whatever I want right next to my bed.  I should have a lazy boy brought up to my room to sleep in the first week.

Pockets.  I will need pockets inside of my clothing and pajamas to hold the drains.
Will also need to sew armpit pillows and drain bag bags.
Breast Pockets: http://melanietesta.com/tag/breast-pockets/

Baby Wipes and Dry Shampoo.  Needed since I won't be able to bathe or wash my hair for a week or more.

Medication bottles:  I won't be able to open them, have them open and where I can reach them.

Gas up the car and clean it out.

Make sure girls have enough socks and undies lined up and ready.

Move lazy boy upstairs and a case of water.

Have all rugs shampooed, floors mopped, bathrooms bleached.

Wash everyone's bedding.

Clean out the refrigerator.

Get a pedicure.  My entire body will feel like crap, at least my toes can look pretty.

I finished making potholders as thank you gifts for meal deliveries, and I bought a couple of packs of thank you cards.  For that, I think I'm ready.




2 comments:

  1. And did all that get done??? The Lazy Boy is upstairs. And it sounds and looks from the calendar that lots of other stuff was taken care of in good order. You have such a nice network of wonderful friends. That's amazing! So happy it is all working out since I can't be there to help with any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your list is done, I can help with most of the stuff except the sewing part.

    ReplyDelete