Friday, March 7, 2014

Scheduling Surgury - Is that a good day?

The doctor's surgeon's office just called. She first asked me if I was taking a cruise soon. No. Oh, that's someone else, never mind. Ok then...

After verifying my name and birthdate so as not to confuse me with someone who is going on a cruise soon, she asked me if I had any dates to avoid. For example: if I had a cruise planned in the near future.  No, nothing that I have to work around. My calendar is clear.

Is April 18th a good day?

Hmm.  Well, it's just as good as any day.  It's not exactly a good day.  There is no "good day" for a mastectomy.  But, yes, that's fine.  I apologized for that little rant.  Whoops. Sorry. She said it was ok, so if April 18th works out for everyone (doctors and hospital and all of those people) then she'll schedule it for that day, otherwise she has a few other days shortly after that open for scheduling.  She'll confirm it on Monday, for now it is tentative.

Ok.  April 18th.  Sure, that's a good day.  A good day for a major surgery.

2 comments:

  1. April 18th is Good Friday, so should be a "good" day. No problem. Hope the Easter Bunny will find you in "good" spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing about scheduling your surgery you at least can schedule on your time frame. Although I would rather much go on a cruise than have to schedule any kind of surgery.

    ReplyDelete