Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ed Week - Final Day

Today we didn't do a darn thing. Ed and I just stayed home with the three kids and we watched TV and visited. We relaxed! So nice.

I made gigantic omelettes and threw everything I had in them: ham, cheese, onions, green peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes. Along with a couple of pots of coffee, we were stuffed! It was fabulous!

Charlie wanted his Gruncle (great uncle) Ed to watch Despicable Me 2 with him, so they did that. Ed now understands the full appeal of the lipstick taser. I think he wants one too. Boys!

Ed and Mandi decided to leave this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning. They have to have the rental car back tomorrow afternoon and if they leave tomorrow, they'll have to leave in plenty of time to get the car returned promptly. By now, I know that they aren't great at getting anywhere promptly. I think leaving a day early is a great idea just for that reason.  I did hear Mandi mention that Las Vegas was a 7 hour drive. Actually, it's a 5 hour drive, but they seem to stretch everything out longer than it needs to be so maybe they need a couple of extra hours. They also thought sleeping in their own beds and being home on their last day off would be nice. Then they could unwind and rest before getting back into the swing of things, and Eden could too. Good idea all the way around.

Except that I wished Ed could stay a few more days. We were having fun. Hopefully, they can come back again. Mandi seemed to have a great time and she got along well with her family. Eden had a blast, and I think he was a pretty good traveler and did well away from home and his normal routine of things.

Ed tried to help Gracie with her homework, but she wasn't having it. She had two pages of subtraction problems to do and she struggled all day long with motivation. The math isn't hard, but looking at the paper and writing down the answers is a big problem. She doesn't want to! She even tried to feed her homework to the dog.


2 comments:

  1. I like that Gracie tried to feed the dog her homework, now she can honestly say "The dog ate my homework". Glad you had a fun time with Ed. I hope to have fun with him in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had fun and enjoyed each others company. Wish I could have been a mouse in the corner.

    ReplyDelete