Monday, February 17, 2014

Ed Week - Day 3

On the third day, we all slept in! So nice!  The girls and I had plans for the morning, which I thought would be just fine since Ed and Mandi are not morning people. And, they probably don't want me tagging along for every minute of their vacation neither. Maybe they'd like to do things on their own or without me telling them what to do, when to do it, how to get there, etc.

I was wrong. They just can't get enough of me. 

The girls and I went to our first Camp Fire meeting; I'll write a separate post about that later. The meeting was from 10am until 1:00, but it was around 2pm when we got home. As I was driving home, I heard from Ed and Lexie. They were at the park with Charlie and asked us to join them. I said no because I wanted to get home and get some housework done while Ed was out of the house and just relax a bit. I also needed to clean out my car. After two days of living in it, it stunk!

It was around 3:00 when Ed started begging me to take him to San Diego to the beach again. He wanted to go to Coronado. That is the furthest beach and sunset was two hours away at this point. I said no, laughed at his idea to get there just in time to say, "the day is done, let's go home".  He kept asking and I kept saying no. I was on a roll with cleaning out my car anyway. 

I removed the kids' carseats and stripped the fabric covers off of them. I grabbed the one out of Lexie's car while I was at it. I threw them all in the washer, plus tossed in the rugs that I use between the carseats and the actual seats of the car. Everything was dirty. With the car seats out, I was able to really wipe the seats and doors down, I vacummed the interior and dug everything out from under the seats. All sorts of things find their way under the seats and get lost there.  I had been throwing away our trash as we accumulated it over the past couple of days, but I still pulled out a lot of trash from the car. Lots of loose french fries, half a hamburger, plenty of dirty socks (why?), and I found the main source of the stink:  a McDonald's milk container. My car has a black interior and it  heats up like an oven. Milk in my car? How disgusting! No wonder it was so smelly! I got that car looking good now. It was all clean and crumb free. So nice!

Ed and Mandi took Eden and their rental car and went to San Diego on their own. But first, they had to get ready, eat, get ready again, and they finally left town at 6pm. It was already dark. I'm glad I didn't even toy with the idea of going. My kids get pajamas on and start the bedtime routine just after 8pm so that they are in bed and asleep by 9:00 at the latest. Eden's normal bedtime is 11pm or later. So, they operate about 5 hours apart and while on vacation,, they are staying up later than usual and waking later than usual. They got up around noon. Their day was only half gone and mine was nearly complete. I'm glad they could go and have fun by themselves though, I think that is good to have that time without me tagging along too. And they found their way all by themselves too. 

I needed the day to clean my car and the house and bathe the kids. We needed the break in the action. Ed doesn't seem energetic, but he actually is. I was tired!  Day 3 was not too exciting, but it was a good day. 

1 comment: