Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Review - Just the Good Stuff!

If you read my last post, you know 2013 was a year I'd rather forget. But it wasn't all bad. We made the best of it whenever we could. The highlights were (in no particular order, except the first item on the list was absolutely the best):

1. Alfred!  Born on March 1st, Alfie has been the shining star of the year. What a cute sweet baby boy! Love him to pieces!

2. Both girls learned how to tie shoes.  Life is easier; it takes longer, but it's sure a lot easier!

3. Kindergarten!  Libby started Kindy just a month shy of turning 5. We're so proud of our girl! She's doing well and loving school.

4. I didn't gain any weight.  I thought I'd try to pay more attention to my health and lose a few pounds, but I'm calling not gaining a total success!  I've weighed exactly the same for 5 years running, so no loss, but no gain is pretty darn good too.

5. Twenty trips to Disneyland! Every single one of our Disneyland days was an awesome day! Every one of 'em!  Usually I took both girls, sometimes just one, three times I took Charlie and I took Henry once. Brit came along with us a few times and we met up with friends on several occasions too. Every time we went we had a blast!

6. Lots of sewing. I don't know what all I sewed this year, but it was quite a lot! I sold a few custom made pieces and gave two Rapunzel dresses as gifts to my girls' favorite friends. I wanted to make more, but I actually did more sewing than I thought was possible in one year. It was a very good sewing year!

7. New car is awesome!  We started 2013 in the car on a roadtrip to South Dakota. That was a good trip! My new little car turned a  year old in December and I haven't once regretted the decision to trade in the minivan for the car. Sometimes I miss the extra space for the kids, but usually the perks of the car outshine any misgivings about giving up the space. The car rocks!

8.  School field trips.  Twice we've gone whale watching, and we went to Riley's Farm in Oak Glen, the school also hosted field trips to museums and we went places on our own to enrich Gracie's studies. It's been so much fun to have school field trips. The whale watching tours were by far the best!

9. Soccer, Ballet, Tap and Tball. The kids sure had fun this year with the City Rec dept classes and Gracie was in AYSO soccer. Lots of activity and entertainment! It's sure good for the kids to learn to be part of a team and be involved in physical activity. Hope to see more of that in the next year too.

10. 25th wedding anniversary.  We barely noticed, but we did have a big anniversary this year. It landed on a Tuesday and we were busy, so we didn't celebrate but it's been fun to know that it's been 25 years since our wedding day.

11. Everyone ended the year happy and healthy and all in one piece. This is the best way to ring out an old year! With everyone healthy enough to ring in a new one!

12.  Grandma, Uncle Eddy, Patty and Jennifer came to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Our April visit was fun except for the ride home in a spring snow storm. We are getting our 2014 trips planned and we are going to be busy.

    ReplyDelete