Friday, December 20, 2013

What Time Is It?

I had a busy morning today and was in a big rush for hours. Then when things settled down, I said to my husband and my adult daughter, "Hey, let's go out for lunch."  I was starving. I knew it was probably too early for lunch, but I threw the idea up in the air anyway. Keith said, "It's not too early, it's almost noon!"

They both agreed. We decided to meet at a nice little Italian restaurant where my daughter happens to work now. Fun!

We ordered and started eating our soups and bread basket, and I said "Remind me when it gets close to 1pm because I have to be at the girls' school for the 'Winter Program'" and it starts at 1:30".  My husband looked at his watch, he wore his nice watch today because he was wearing a suit, and he said "It's 12:40. You'd better go!"

I had the waitress box up my sandwich and I ran off to the school.  When I got there, I found a great parking spot, in fact there were several. Odd. Everyone must be right behind me! As I walked through the office to the MPR, the receptionist asked me to sign the visitor list. Um, ok. Wonder if she's going to ask all of the parents! haha!  She must be new.

I walked all the way through the school, across the play yard, and across the next building to Libby's kindergarten classroom. I asked her teacher if I could pull her out for the Lower Elementary's Winter Program. She said, "Sure. You want her now?"  I looked at the clock, because I was pretty sure time was running thin by now and I want a good seat, or at this point, any seat at all.

It was 12:15.  Yeah.  TWELVE. My husband sent me rushing to the school an hour before I needed to rush off. An entire hour! Well, that explains my amazing parking spot.

I had Libby bring her crafts and her lunchbox and things to the car. She and I had a picnic in the car. It was kind of fun! I love having her all to myself and listening to her without watching her battle for a moment to squeeze in a word between Gracie and Charlie. It was very nice.

When I got home in the late afternoon, I told my husband, "I got to the Winter Program nice and early. Got a great parking spot and a good seat too."  He  said "Yeah?".  "Yeah. Thanks, but I really didn't need an extra HOUR!"

Took him a second and then he burst into loud laughter. He said "I was wearing my nice watch!"  And I said, Yeah, you were and it's still on Daylight Savings Time".

My daughter said, "How was your sandwich?"  Well, it would have been better on a plate instead of in a cardboard box, but it was pretty yummy. Then she added, "We had a delicious desert. The chef made it extra yummy just for us."

Yup, they had the amaretto thing I've been drooling over. And I missed it. Next time, I will check the time for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Well you did get a good parking spot and a good seat to the program.

    ReplyDelete