Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Sister is Coming!

I'm so super happy!  My big sister is coming to take care of us!

We really need this. Last night Lexie had a fever and she's just exhausted from the demands of the house lately. Keith has been suffering from a frozen shoulder and he's in a lot of pain every time he uses his left arm. And me, I'm just worthless for doing anything lately.  The kids on the other hand, are completely  healthy and energetic.  We're all falling apart and there are six sparkling big eyeballs looking at all of us hoping we'll be awesome parents again.  Thank goodness for Aunt Patty!

Do I ever have a long list of chores for my sister. We're gonna work her hard and send her home yearning for a good long night of sleep in her own bed.

Aunt Patty's Chore List:

Wake up too early with the kids, help them go potty, get dressed, brush teeth and find matching socks.
Feed the kids eight times a day.
Clean up after said feedings.
Feed and water the dog. PS - we're out of dog food.
Make lunchboxes
Homeschool Gracie and Libby. Catch up on their homeschool folders.
Check with their teachers and find out if they are caught up, behaving, etc.
Take the girls to school and go pick them up again.
Explain to Charlie why he didn't get to go to school too.
Empty the trunk of my car. It's full of donation bags that need to go in the donation bin. They've been there for over two weeks.
Clean my car. Good Lord, it probably needs it by now!
Clean my house. The whole entire house. It's not terrible, but it's neglected.
Take out the trash. I nag and nag and nag, and yet, the trash cans are all full.
Monday night take it to the curb.
Mop my floor. Oh please! It's just nasty!
Open the door for me. Shut the door for me.
Open my water bottles.
Open my medicine bottles.
Make coffee. Make hot tea. I can't lift the pot of water to make it or pour it.
Laundry.
Dishes.
Bring me food and beverages and medicine as requested.
Help me put my socks and shoes on. In fact, I lost my shoes. No clue where they might be these days.
Help the kids with their socks and shoes too.
Listen while I take a shower just in case I topple over in there.
Save me if I do.
Take the kids to the park and run the hyper right out of them.
Brush my hair.
Put my hair in a pony tail.
Give the kids baths, brush them, and check for lice. I always think they need to be checked for lice.
Change the sheets on the girls' beds.
Clean the girls' room. The lost their floor (among other things)
Train my stupid puppy.
Visit with my neighbors over the back fence.
Go to the Farmer's Market and get me a green smoothie. I've wanted on for a long time!
Visit with my friends as they come over, return their dishes to them, etc.
Take some paperwork to an office and turn it in for me.
Take me to the school and help me fill out the paperwork for next fall.
Take Gracie to the movies.
Trim Libby's nails.
Go to Hobby Lobby and buy half yard of fabric, I'll give her a swatch. It must match perfectly.
Return library books to Michelle's Place for me.
Help me with my "Retail Therapy" since I just had a major surgery, hmm, what should I buy to treat myself for it? She can help me shop!

Well, that's the top of her list. I'm so happy that she's coming to be my second pair of hands! More than that, I'm happy that the kids will be well cared for and busy. They are really looking forward to having fun with their Aunt Patty.

Keith is looking forward to a break. He's been under a lot of pressure with taking care of me and going to work. When he's home, he feels like he has things to do at work. And when he's at work, he feels like he should be home taking care of me. He still has to do taxes and grade a ton of papers too. Poor guy.

I think we're all looking forward to having her here. Not just for all the help niether, we are all looking forward to a nice visit. It's going to be a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you posted this list after I got here. I would have run in the other direction if you posted this before. Well, better go make that hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you are there for both of us. One person couldn't handle all that alone. I'm good at sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and taking out garbage. That's the Mmom part of you. All the rest of the stuff is for the big sister part of you. Go Pat!

    ReplyDelete