Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Blog!

I started my blog 7 years ago!  July 12, 2007.  Technically, almost 7 years ago since today is the 6th, but I noticed it today and there's no telling if I will remember by the 12th... so I'm saying Happy Birthday to my blog while I'm thinking of it.

Happy Birthday, Blog!

Here is a link to my very first blog post:  Dipping My Toes in the Great Blog Sea

I started by calling my blog Momathon, but then one day I decided that name wasn't right. Some people thought it was a blog about a mom who runs. Sure, I run, but only in the house. 

Then, I changed the name to Rufflebutts.  It was cute!  And I thought it sort of said that I raised girls, which is accurate.  But, after a while I got tired of that name since it implies that my girls are babies who wear ruffled bloomers, and they don't. They all grew out of the baby stage. Darn kids.

Finally, I changed the blog name to Schuworld.  This was the name of our web page that we had for years. We used to post family updates and photos on it to keep everyone updated. It wasn't a blog, but it was a good way of reaching out to family and friends. Of course, now we have Facebook. I think this name will stick!

I also started a blog recently called Mary Made It. It's just a sewing blog. I felt like my family blog was full of boring sewing posts and the sewing people who only want to read about sewing were also seeing my family updates, so I separated my sewing from the rest of the blog worthy stuff. There isn't a lot on it, but enough. And I can update it with my sewing stories and pictures as time goes on.

I also set up a blog, and I'll get around to writing it someday, that is a memoir sort of blog since it'll be written about the past. I want to document our Disneyland memories in it. I have a lot of pictures and lots of memories about taking the kids to Disneyland. Someday I will find the time to get it going and get all of those thoughts out of head and onto the blog, if I don't forget.  I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of it already. I probably should have done a Disneyland blog all along, but I didn't think of it. We had some really good times and I want to keep a separate place to ramble on about the good times we had.  It was great going to Disneyland time after time!  The kids are kind of Disney'd out now, but we really had a great time going. 

Speaking of "Blogworthy" - pretty much anything is blog worthy! I've written about the kids mostly, but also about our vehichles, dogs, food, and poop.  I've covered a lot of topics over the years.  Nothing is off limits it seems. It's my blog and I write whatever I want to.

Happy Blog Birthday! Thanks for reading all these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment